SOCIAL WORK SERVICE
Students Care Service (SCS) believes that every child and youth can benefit from their educational experience. In collaboration with schools, families and communities, we strive to enable children and youth to derive optimal benefit from their educational experience through our school-based social work services.
SCS has been delivering school-based social work services since its inception in 1976. These services build and strengthen the children and youths’ sense of Competence, Confidence and Character. It imbues in them a Care towards others and facilitates them to be Positively Engaged in Schools.
In recognition of our specialised knowledge and expertise, SCS was appointed the Centre of Specialisation in School Social Work by the National Council of Social Service (NCSS) in July 2008. “School Social Work: A Guide to Programme Planning and Evaluation” was published by SCS under this framework to share its expertise with other Voluntary Welfare Organisations (VWOs) and enhance the capability in school social work practice.
For Primary & Secondary Schools:
- School Social Work for Youth & Children (SYNC)
- The Scaffold Programme (TSP)
- Youth Community on Patrol (COP)
- After School Engagement Programmes (ASE)
- Enhanced Step-Up
- Training & Consultation for Teachers & Parents
For ITE Colleges:
- Strengths & Spurs
- Buddy ‘IN (for ITE Colleges & Special Education Schools)
For collaboration or engagement of our school-based social work services, please contact any of our centre nearest to you.
Clementi Centre*: 6778 6867; email@example.com
Hougang Centre: 6286 9905; firstname.lastname@example.org
Yishun Centre: 6759 6821; email@example.com
*appointed Integrated Service Provider by MSF since 2016
To enable easy access of social work services to children, youth and their families in the community, Students Care Service (SCS) provides these services through our centres in the heartlands of Clementi, Hougang and Yishun.
These services include casework and counselling, early intervention, mentoring and drop-in designed to facilitate meaningful Connections between children, youth and their families as well as society, provide them with alternative activities to Steer Them Clear of Crimes and to develop their Confidence, Competence and Character.
- Guidance Programme (GP)
- Enhanced Step-Up (ESU)
- Youth Enhanced Support (YES)
- Casework & Counselling (for mental health, socio-emotional, family & relational issues)
Our centre-based social work services are via referrals from police, schools and walk-ins.
Walk-in for Casework & Counselling service is available only at our Hougang Centre.
To reach out to children and youth in the community and be where they are, Students Care Service (SCS) implements community-based outreach and early intervention programmes.
Transcending geographical boundaries across Singapore, these programmes are implemented in collaboration with partners in the community. They include casework and counselling, early intervention and remedial programmes targeted at building meaningful Connections between children, youth and their families as well as community, developing Confidence, Competence and Character amongst the young and equipping them to Steer Clear of Crimes, onto a path of positive development.
- Aspiring towards Character Excellence (ACE) Football Programme
- Project Spooner Road
- Community-based Reading Odyssey
To explore collaborations with us on the above community-based programmes, please contact:
- ACE Football Programme: Mr Benjamin Teo, Centre Director, Yishun Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Project Spooner Road: Mr Lee Seng Meng, Centre Director, Clementi Centre at email@example.com
- Community-based Reading Odyssey: Mrs Geraldine Nguang, Director, Educational Psychology Service at firstname.lastname@example.org